Thursday, January 29, 2009

Hat for Chandler


Chandler has been asking for a hat and I finally found a pattern that I thought he would like. I made him a Dean Street Hat which is a pattern I found on ravelry. The pattern calls for Malabrigo worsted weight and I happened to have some in my stash in a color he liked. The stitch pattern is a mock cable created by doing a front cross. Very cool stitch, easy to do, and requires no cable needle. I started this hat on Saturday and finished it last night while watching American Idol. He is thrilled with it and even wore it to school today! I bet I'll be making this pattern over and over again.

Here are the details:
Pattern: Dean Street Hat by Nina Machlin Dayton
yarn: Malabrigo Merino Worsted in Paris Night
needles: US 6 for brim & US 7 for body of hat
mods: none

No comments: